[R] Changing font to times for EMF graphics

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 8 13:40:52 CEST 2009

Do you have 'times' in a format suitable for EMF?  If so you can
select it for win.metafile() as for any other windows() device.  You
would need a TrueType version, and I suspect you do under the name
'Times New Roman'.  See ?windowsFonts:  my memory is that
family="serif" gives you that font.

Note that 'Times' is not in the PDF file, but in the viewer, when you
use pdf(), so that precise font is not available to you (and is not a
suitable format).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk