[R] Function "Varcov" in Design (Ver. 2.2-0) package

Sascha Wolfer sascha at cognition.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Sep 14 18:04:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm running into an error message for the "anova"-function I never got
before with the Design (Version 2.2-0) package.

There seems to be a missing function "Varcov", please check my
function calls (it's in german but I think you get the error):

 > library(Design)			## attaching Design package and dependent packages
Lade nötiges Paket: Hmisc		## loading dependent packages
Lade nötiges Paket: survival
Lade nötiges Paket: splines

Attache Paket: 'Hmisc'

	The following object(s) are masked from package:survival :

	 untangle.specials

	The following object(s) are masked from package:base :

	 format.pval,
	 round.POSIXt,
	 trunc.POSIXt,
	 units

Design library by Frank E Harrell Jr

Type library(help='Design'), ?Overview, or ?Design.Overview')
to see overall documentation.

Attache Paket: 'Design'

	The following object(s) are masked from package:Hmisc :

	 strgraphwrap

	The following object(s) are masked from package:survival :

	 Surv

 > corr.lrm = lrm(CORRECTNESS ~ condition * type, data = data2)
 > anova(corr.lrm)		## everything seemed to work fine, so run anova on
the fitted model.
Fehler in anova.Design(corr.lrm) : konnte Funktion "Varcov" nicht finden

Error message translated: Error in anova.Design(<model>) : couldn't
find function "Varcov".

Any ideas?! Thanks in advance!