[R] installation problem

cls59 chuck at sharpsteen.net
Mon Sep 14 18:40:21 CEST 2009

wesley mathew wrote:

> Hello All
>
> I have some problem for installing  XML_2.6-0.tar . I am working in widows
> and R version is  R-2.9.1

Unfortunately, I think there are some problems with CRAN being able to build
the XML package for Windows, at least the page:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/XML/index.html

Lists it as unavailable. However, I know I have installed it on a Windows
machine at the university using install.packages()-- R may be set up to pull
from some additional repository there. I'll check the next time I'm in the
lab.

-Charlie

-----
Charlie Sharpsteen