[R] Compiled Rcmdr Plugin package (zip) has no etc/menus.txt

Tobias Schoch tobias.schoch at fhnw.ch
Wed Sep 23 14:53:55 CEST 2009

Dear Rcmdr users,
I use R-2.9.2, Rcmdr 1.5-1 and the latest Rtools bundle (and the html help
workshop) under Windows XP. I wrote a RcmdrPlugin for some important
functions of Thomas Lumley's "survey" package.

Problem: Package compilation works without displaying any errors. That is
1) "R CMD build ..." works fine.

2) "R CMD INSTALL --build..." generates the zip-file (without error
message), but the folder "etc" and the "menus.txt" are missing in the zip.
Also the installed package in R-2.9.2/library/... does not contain "etc" and
"menus.txt". Thus, I am a bit confused, because the contents of the "etc"
folder should actually be included into the final package (as pointed out in
"writing R extensions").

Adding /etc/menus.txt to the zip-files fails since the MD5 (obviously) is
not correct any more. How can I generate packages as zip-files including the
Rcmdr-menu-structure.

Thanks
Tobias