[R] Compiled Rcmdr Plugin package (zip) has no etc/menus.txt

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Sep 23 20:48:54 CEST 2009

Dear Tobias,

To create the etc subdirectory in the installed package, or in the Windows
binary package .zip file, you need an inst/etc subdirectory in the package
source tree. That is, etc should be a subdirectory of inst. This isn't
peculiar to Rcmdr plug-in packages but is true of any package that uses a
non-standard subdirectory or file. See the Writing R Extensions manual for
details.

I hope this helps,
 John

On