[R] using double loops and saving the data

ChinChin creami.egg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 12:51:24 CEST 2010

Petr Pikal wrote:

> You did not tell much more about your data and procedures. Each object
> type has some distinct way of indexing and you can not mix them up.
>
> x<-1:10
>> x[5]
> [1] 5
>> x[[5]]
> [1] 5
>> x[5,]
> Error in x[5, ] : incorrect number of dimensions
>
>> x<-list(1:10)
>> x[1]
> [[1]]
>  [1]  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
>
>> x[5]
> [[1]]
> NULL
>
>> x[[5]]
> Error in x[[5]] : subscript out of bounds
>
>> x[1][5]
> [[1]]
> NULL
>
>> x[[1]][5]
> [1] 5
>
> Nobody except you has your data available, so without providing more clues
> you can not expect mor relevant answers.
>
> Try str(your.objects) and maybe you could use debug to see how they are
> operating and changing through a cycle.

I think I got what you mean, so that I can't use the
"Wealth1[[s]][i] <- Ca[i+1]+Po[i+1]"
in the last line of loops.

Is there any code I can use the store the data?
I aim to store the data like :
a <- "x1" "x2" "x3" "x4" ...
and in each entry of a
x1 <- 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...
the entries in "x1" are the "wealth" that I want estimate.
Please tell me the code to store these type of data. Thanks. :)

actually I can create the Price[[i]] by coding "Price = list()" before I
simulate the price