[R] sum specific rows in a data frame

Jeff Newmiler jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Apr 15 16:33:54 CEST 2010

This is good news, although I have recently encountered what I consider excessive memory usage in the addition of key columns that don't affect the number of groups.  For example, grouping by Year and Month, if I add MonthBegin, a POSIXct column from which the Year and Month columns were derived, I run out of memory.