[R] multiple R sessions from one working directory using GNU screen

Olga Lyashevska olga at herenstraat.nl
Wed Aug 4 15:01:29 CEST 2010

Dear Steven,

Thanks for your post. It explains a lot.
The reason I wanted to use multiple sessions simultaneously is that
because when I run something it usually takes quite a while (calculating
distance matrices), meaning that I have to wait before R can handle the
next task. Also RAM is reaching its limits quite often resulting in
shutdown, so I wanted to split one task into pieces which indeed similar
to cluster computing. I will check documentation on this topic.

Kind regards,
Olga