[R] multiple R sessions from one working directory using GNU screen

Olga Lyashevska olga at herenstraat.nl
Wed Aug 4 15:43:39 CEST 2010

Thanks David,

I looked briefly through the bigmemory package and it looks very
promising. As I mentioned in my previous post to Steven I am calculating
distance matrices, and if it is my bottleneck (I am nearly sure it is) I
believe that the bigmemory will be particularly useful as it is designed
to manage massive matrices with shared memory and memory-mapped files.
Now I will try to see how it can be implemented in my code.

Many thanks
Olga