[R] a question about 'read.table' with or without 'read.table'.(urgent)

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Thu Aug 5 15:54:18 CEST 2010

I believe Wu Gong has given you a solution.  As a note you were probably reading in the first two columns as either factors or characters and the last one as numeric.  You might want to try it again and then do a str() on the resulting data.frame to see what was happening.

It can be confusing to discover that you have factor rather than character data in the data.frame.  :)