[R] Help making box plots in R when the x axis is a quantitative variable

FishLover goldenpuppy_pawz at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 22 05:42:26 CEST 2010

Hello

I'm trying to make boxplots

However I'm having issues because my x axis is distance downstream on a
river. The boxplots function in r assumes the x axis are categorical
variables but I would like my boxplots to show true distance downstream just
as it would if I used the plots function. However I want to show the box and
whisker diagrams. My distances are not in evenly spaced intervals.

Is there a way to do this with boxplots or perhaps another function?

Seems very simple but I've been trying for days!
Thanks so much in advance