[R] R Package about Variable Selection for GLMM (Generalized Linear Mixed Model)?

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 19:08:02 CEST 2010

Jun Bum Kwon <junbum <at> uwm.edu> writes:

[lightly edited]
> I saw several great R packages for Variable Selection.
> I also found several R packages for GLMM. But, I
> did not find yet R package about Variable Selection for
> GLMM even though several  papers about it have
> been published.

  Such methods may or may have been coded in R at present.
It would be helpful to (a) post references for the 'several papers'
you refer to and (b) post further queries to the R-sig-mixed-models
mailing list, which is more appropriate for questions about (G)LMMs.

  This may also be an appropriate place for the comment, "tell us what
problem you are trying to solve, not just which methods you want to use", since
sometimes people on the list are aware of different (and/or better, at
least according to some criteria) methods for solving the same problem.

  cheers
    Ben Bolker