[R] Reading large files

Satish Vadlamani SATISH.VADLAMANI at fritolay.com
Fri Feb 5 20:11:29 CET 2010

Matthew:
If it is going to help, here is the explanation. I have an end state in
mind. It is given below under "End State" header. In order to get there, I
need to start somewhere right? I started with a 850 MB file and could not
load in what I think is reasonable time (I waited for an hour).

There are references to 64 bit. How will that help? It is a 4GB RAM machine
and there is no paging activity when loading the 850 MB file.

I have seen other threads on the same types of questions. I did not see any
clear cut answers or errors that I could have been making in the process. If
I am missing something, please let me know. Thanks.
Satish

End State
> Satish wrote: "at one time I will need to load say 15GB into R"

-----
Satish Vadlamani