[R] dataframe question

Vadlamani, Satish {FLNA} SATISH.VADLAMANI at fritolay.com
Mon Feb 8 05:15:44 CET 2010

David:
Thanks for the idea. Both the one that you suggested and the one that Bill Venables suggested are very good. Unfortunately, this statement is creating out of memory issues like below (system limitations).

When I had padded white space before the number, read.csv.sql is correctly treating it as a factor. I am going to take out the padding so that it treats it as numeric and then I can proceed with further steps.

Satish

Out of memory warning
Reached total allocation of 1535Mb: see help(memory.size)
34: In ans[[i]] <- tmp :
  Reached total allocation of 1535Mb: see help(memory.size)

>> Bill Venable's suggestion below

week_list <- paste("wk", 1:209, sep="")
### no need for c(...)

for(week in week_list)
	three_wk_out[[week]] <- as.numeric(three_wk_out[[week]])

### no need for '{...}'

Bill Venables
CSIRO/CMIS Cleveland Laboratories