[R] Use of R in clinical trials

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Feb 18 18:26:10 CET 2010

Bert,

I have to disagree with just part of what you said.  The ultimate
savings by using R is astronomical.  Up front it would definitely cost
more, as you so eloquently stated.  So it boils down to short-term vs.
long-term thinking.

More importantly, the statistical/graphical reports created using R are
more informative and lead to better reviews and more clear assessment of
pharmaceutical safety problems by not relying on reams of tables that
put reviewers to sleep.

Frank

--
Frank E Harrell Jr   Professor and Chairman        School of Medicine