[R] Use of R in clinical trials

Christopher W. Ryan cryan at binghamton.edu
Thu Feb 18 19:08:32 CET 2010

Pure Food and Drug Act: 1906
FDA: 1930s
founding of SAS: early 1970s

(from the history websites of SAS and FDA)

What did pharmaceutical companies use for data analysis before there was
SAS? And was there much angst over the change to SAS from whatever was
in use before?

Or was there not such emphasis on and need for thorough data analysis
back then?

--Chris
Christopher W. Ryan, MD
425 Robinson Street, Binghamton, NY  13904
cryanatbinghamtondotedu

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood,
divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the
vast and endless sea."  [Antoine de St. Exupery]