[R] Fortune candidate! Re: new to R Project

Cedrick Johnson cedrick at cedrickjohnson.com
Tue Feb 23 14:07:31 CET 2010

library(rant)

I recall just over a year ago (Fall08) when I was new to the R
language. I realize there's a steep curve in any language, especially
with R and the multitudes of packages that exist.

With that being said, I still took (still do) time out to read the
manuals, the vignettes and perform some cursory research on what it is
I am trying to accomplish before posting. 99.999% of the time I have
found what I am looking for (and learned something else new along the
way).

It sounds to me (and I may be incorrect in my initial impression,
correct me if I am wrong) that the OP has not the slightest idea of
what he/she wants to do with the 'data' once it is there. I have over
the course of my personal journey with R come to appreciate the
posting guides of the various R lists. I also have a full appreciation
for the vignettes and other associated documentation that has been
assembled (my primary domain is in the fin/econometrics *with a dash
of forecasting* packages) -- I am sure pkg maintainers aren't putting
these together for their sanity.

A little research and understanding what you are trying to accomplish
will go a long way.

<End coffee deficient morning rant>
-c

Sent from my mobile device