[R] Accelerated failure time interpretation of coefficients

Philipp Rappold philipp.rappold at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 17:10:53 CET 2010

Dimitris, thanks for your detailled answer and the literature
recommendation.

However, I'm still wondering about the interpretation of
coefficients in the AFT model with time-varying covariates. The
precise question is: How can I interpret a "single" coefficient if
my assumption is that an effect will vary over time (for example:
coeff = 0 in the beginning, then rising to >0, then slowly
decreasing back to 0).

Sure I will fetch Cox&Oakes (1984) from the library asap, but it's
still crazy that there's hardly any online information available on
the topic these days (or at least I can't find it). I realize this
is all a bit OT for r-help though...