[R] two questions for R beginners

Ralf B ralf.bierig at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 19:36:06 CET 2010

My biggest blocker was my misconception that R is extremely difficult
to start with. It is powerful and one can do very complicated things (
that consequently turn things  complicated) but it comes with very
nice defaults and one can produce great results with standard tasks in
very little time - especially if one has done programming and/or
scripting before.

I pushed it away for too long that way. I wish I would have used it
years ago and avoided SPSS altogether - must have wasted 100s of hours
doing repetitive tasks by click and partial scripts in SPSS. Not to
mention a horrible license policy and a visualization unit that is
simply embarrassing for a product that is in its 18th or 19th version.

Ralf