[R] xyplot: problems with column names & legend

Jay josip.2000 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 00:51:59 CET 2010

Hello!

one more question about xyplot. If I have data which have space in the
column names, say "xyz 123". How do I create a working graph where
this text is displayed in the legend key?

Now when I try something like xyplot("xyz 123" ~ variable1, data =
mydata, .......) I get nothing.
Also, is it possible to genrate the graph with xyplot(mydata[,1] ~
variable1, data = mydata, .......) and then later in the code specify
the names that should be displayed in the legend?

Thank you!