[R] F77_CALL, F77_NAME definition

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun Jan 3 15:43:28 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 2:11 PM,  <rkevinburton at charter.net> wrote:
> I give up. Maybe it is my search (Windows) but I cannot seem to find the definition of the F77_CALL or F77_NAME macros. Either there are too many matches or the search just doesn't find it. For example where is the source for:
>
> F77_CALL(dpotri)
>
> ?

 I'm not sure what the Windows equivalent of 'grep -r F77_CALL .' is,
but the developer who wrote lbfgsb.c left a blatant clue which popped
up as the third match:

./appl/lbfgsb.c:#include <R_ext/RS.h> /* for F77_CALL */

About three screenfulls later the actual definition itself appeared.

 If you are going to do a lot of this on a windows box, get cygwin and
learn to use the unix utilities in a cygwin bash shell!

Barry