[R] Online R documentation

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Fri Jan 8 16:03:31 CET 2010

On 01/08/10 14:56, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 08:41:49 -0500 Jonathan Baron <baron at psych.upenn.edu>
> wrote:
> > > Many people seem unhappy with the new documentation server because you
> > > need to have R running to access it, and it's not immediately obvious
> > > how to bookmark references so they work long-term. One solution to
> > > this problem is to have a globally available website that provides
> > > access to all package documentation.
> >
> > Such a website exists:
> >
> > http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu
>
> In case anybody is looking for ideas in how to improve the above
> site, inclusion of rendered example graphs, similar to the ones at
> "http://www.metaresearch.de/exlib/", would be nice.

Why should I bother when the site exists!  It is excellent.  I will
make a link to it from my site (finzi).

What might be nice is for each site to mirror the other.  I can't find
in the web page the email address of the person in charge.  Is it you?

And, Hadley, I don't need money to establish a mirror.  I have another
computer I could use for it (which already backs up the main site).
But it uses the same Internet connection (even another outlet in the
same wall plug).  The need for a mirror is partly to protect against
correlated risks (fire in the building, network outages at the
university, terrorist attacks, etc.) through diversification.

Jon