[R] How to control spaces between axis, tick and label in xyplot or xYplot?

willow1980 jianghua.liu at shef.ac.uk
Sun Jan 10 15:45:04 CET 2010

Dear R users,
I encounter a problem regarding space control in xyplot. Basically, I want
to control spaces between label, tick and axis. I remember there is a
function called mgp in general plot. Is there a similar function for xyplot
or xYplot?
Below is my basic code:
myplotkid<-xyplot(expected_offspringnumber~afr|decade,groups=SES,data1,
auto.key=list(space="right"),layout=c(9,1),xlab="",ylab="Offspring number",
aspect="fill",scales=list(x=list(draw=F)),strip=T)
By the way, since there is no x-axis, I just want to control space
parameters in y-axis. Does someone have any idea to fulfil this aim?
Thank you very much for kind help!
Best regards,
Jianghua