[R] Note on PCA (not directly with R)

Jeremy Miles jeremy.miles at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 05:28:25 CEST 2010

See if you can track down Thurstone's box problem dataset. It comes (I
believe) on a CD with Loehlin's book 'latent variable models', but I'd
be surprised if you couldn't find it elsewhere.  Thurstone measured
boxes, and using EFA (rather than PCA, but they might be similar
enough to start off with) found that they were three dimensional.

Jeremy

On 28 June 2010 02:27, Christofer Bogaso <bogaso.christofer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all, I am looking for some interactive study materials on Principal
> component analysis. Basically I would like to know what we are actually
> doing with PCA? What is happening within the dataset at the time of doing
> PCA.
>
> Probably a 3-dimensional interactive explanation would be best for me.
>
> I have gone through some online materials specially Wikipedia etc, however
> what I need a "movable explanation" to understand that.
>
> Any suggestion please?
>
> Thanks for your time

Jeremy Miles
Psychology Research Methods Wiki: www.researchmethodsinpsychology.com