[R] Mac OS X R.app has trouble rendering certain fonts.

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Jul 1 14:41:40 CEST 2010

On Jun 30, 2010, at 11:10 PM, Carlo Tambuatco wrote:

> I noticed this running a few graphics demos the other day.
>
> In particular the plotmath and the persp graphics demos, certain fonts
> don't seem to render on the demos.

Three points:
1) The correct venue for questions that are likely due to features
relating to the interface with the Mac OS (as this question is likely
to be) should be sent to the R-SIG-Mac list:

http://www.r-project.org/mail.html

2) Check that your chosen fonts have not been corrupted. There have
been a couple of reports that font listing are getting doubled. I had
a problem with this involving my installation of the Symbol font that
had symptoms that sounds similar to yours. You can investigate this
with the utility app: Font Book.app

3) Your questions should be more specific. It is rather difficult when
all you say is that "certain fonts" don't seem to render. Why not say
what code is not being executed as expected?

--
David.