[R] [R-pkgs] New package "list" for analyzing list surveyexperiments

Raubertas, Richard richard_raubertas at merck.com
Tue Jul 13 19:46:41 CEST 2010

I agree that 'list' is a terrible package name, but only secondarily
because it is a data type.  The primary problem is that it is so generic

as to be almost totally uninformative about what the package does.

For some reason package writers seem to prefer maximally uninformative
names for their packages.  To take some examples of recently announced
packages, can anyone guess what packages 'FDTH', 'rtv', or 'lavaan'
do?  Why the aversion to informative names along the lines of
'Freq_dist_and_histogram', 'RandomTimeVariables', and
'Latent_Variable_Analysis', respectively?

R.Raubertas