[R] [R-pkgs] New package "list" for analyzing list surveyexperiments

Jeffrey J. Hallman jhallman at frb.gov
Wed Jul 14 17:45:23 CEST 2010

Well, as the author of two CRAN packages with short names (tis and
fame), I maintain that short names can be fairly informative. The fame
package is an interface to FAME time series databases, and the tis
package implements the tis (TimeIndexedSeries) class and support classes
that it needs.

When writing a package, you sometimes have to make reference to its
name.  For example, in .C() calls I use the 'package = "pkgname"'
argument pretty often. And it's nice to have the output from calling
search() look nice.

Jeff

--
Jeff