[R] Objects within environment

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Wed Jul 21 19:53:36 CEST 2010

> Can you please explain me in simple english? I think R help file should
use more non-technical simple english language so that student like me can
understand R in more easier way!

-- Megh (and others):

Without judging this particular issue, writing good technical documentation
-- whether it be plumbing, refrigerator repair, or computer code -- is
difficult. I think relatively few people do it well. IMHO, for example,
Brian Ripley excels at this, because I find him complete, accurate, and
terse; I, however, do not. But others may disagree. It's hard to hit a
"sweet spot" that is at the same time, complete, correct, as concise as
possible, but still comprehensible to a broad range of users.

So while I do not wish to censure -- after all, if you had trouble
understanding, your complaint is justified -- I do want to urge a bit more
understanding and effort on your part. Before you complain, try writing some
documentation yourself. It's damn hard! ;)

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics