[R] Syntax Highlightning and Editor for Linux

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 14:42:27 CEST 2010

On 23/07/2010 14:17, Alaios wrote:
> I would like to thank you for your immediate reply.
> Actually I do not like vim and emacs.. I am trying to find an editor with a gui
> that will work fine in Linux.
Well - you are missing out with not using emacs + ess - but it is quite
a learning curve. Despite this:

Try rkward - syntax highlighting and many other nice features.

Another option: eclipse with statet plugin(
http://www.walware.de/goto/statet)

Cheers,

Rainer

> One more question. If I am editing a file using my external text editor is it
> possible to execute directly one of the functions that are inside the file
> without executing the source("myfile.R") command first?
>
> Best Regards
> Alex

- --
Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)