[R] Fwd: Questions about templates for R

Bill.Venables at csiro.au Bill.Venables at csiro.au
Tue Jul 27 06:19:51 CEST 2010

Isn't there a danger that what you teach will then be driven by what templates you receive?

I would have thought this was an easy thing to do yourself, once you have decided what you want to teach your students.  Just write a scropt (e.g. using the inbuilt script edit in R for Windows if you can't do any better) doing the kind of thing you wish your students to learn and electronically hand it out to the students.  Altering the data and other forms of input should then be pretty easy.  Also, I would not adopt this style for very long.  The objective must surely be to get the students to be able to draw up their own scripts and undertake the full creative exercise.

Bill Venables.