[R] Fwd: Questions about templates for R

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 27 18:25:30 CEST 2010

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010, Alon Friedman wrote:

> Hi
> I am looking for R templates to introduce the R to my students at
> Seton hall university. The templates are predefined scripts in R that
> will retain its primary intent when individually customized with their
> own variable data or text.

Well the help pages for many (most?) R functions contain runnable
examples.

 	example( image )

is one such.

If you want you students to perform a linear regression (say), having them
read a bit about it, then start R, run

 	example( lm )

then read through the input and output and display the help pages for
functions that are called is not a bad way to start.

There are BTW numerous books listed at

 	http://www.r-project.org/doc/bib/R-publications.html

which have plenty of runnable code in them.

And there are  as well as online resources
accessible under 'Documnetation' at

 	http://www.r-project.org/

HTH,

Chuck