[R] SciViews-K / Komodo as editor on the Mac [was: StatET plot problem]

Bunny, lautloscrew.com bunny at lautloscrew.com
Sun Jun 6 10:45:46 CEST 2010

Philippe,

ad 2)
I totally agree that alt+f1 is the better and more comfortable option here. The main reason I tried to test some of the functionality that is typically display outside the R console, such as plotting and ?topic (and honestly, I did not realize from the start that alt+f1 was meant to fully replace traditional ways). I´d really like to use R outside the terminal, but it was the only I way I got it to work from within Komodo. Both R.app and R64.app did not work. All I get when I run R is the open -a mydirectory/R64.app message at the bottom and then after a couple of seconds I get the "Ready" message. No R pops up, because it obviously does not start.

Running R from the terminal worked, but the Command output inside Komodo appeared to have problems, when I run about 100 lines of code or display data.frames with a couple of hundred rows. Is there a way to move the command output around, i.e. relocate the window or even open it in another window? That would be really helpful particularly if you work on two screens.

thx for all the help!

best

Matt