[R] SciViews-K / Komodo as editor on the Mac [was: StatET plot problem]

Philippe Grosjean phgrosjean at sciviews.org
Sat Jun 5 19:52:34 CEST 2010

Matt,

Yes, I see this problem. Thanks for report. Also ??topic is wrong. Note
two points:

1) ?topic works with R.app/R64.app. So, just in case you would consider
using R.app instead of R inside a terminal session,

2) I have not noticed this bug because using ?topic inside SciViews-K /
Komodo is a little bit silly. There is a much better mechanism: place
your cursor on a word (the 'topic' in ?topic) and hit Alt-F1, and you
got the corresponding help page displayed. It is much more natural to
type the name of your function, then Alt-F1 to see the man page, than to
type ?myfun, then move back to eliminate '?', move forward and continue
typing your code, isn't it? Also try Alt-Shift-F1 for a better
alternative to ??topic from within SciViews-K / Komodo.

Best,

Philippe

  ) ) ) ) )
( ( ( ( (    Prof. Philippe Grosjean
  ) ) ) ) )
( ( ( ( (    Numerical Ecology of Aquatic Systems
  ) ) ) ) )   Mons University, Belgium
( ( ( ( (