[R] calibration and validation for svycoxph

R user capanum at mskcc.org
Thu Jun 10 18:49:49 CEST 2010

Hi Dr. Lumley,

Sorry about the succession of the 2 messages. It wasn't intended. This is my
first post to the forum and I first signed up to Nabble and submitted the
post and later got the message from Nabble that the post has not been
accepted by the R forum and that I need separate subscription for the R
forum. So I signed up for the R forum and resubmitted the post and both
messages ended up being posted.

Yes, I was looking for similar functions to those in the Design package to
build a calibration plot (Design, calibrate function) and to do bootstrap
validation of the model (Design, validate function). I will check the
options of the functions you mentioned to see if I can easily get those.
Could you please advise on what measure should I use to quantify the
optimism of fit (the way c-index was used for Cox models)? If you have
existent code that you used for these purposes that would be great.

Many thanks.