[R] multiple plots without for loops

sheck at ucar.edu sheck at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 16 04:40:14 CEST 2010

Dear All-

I am trying to plot over one hundred figures.  I do not want to save
them, just walk through them to take a look.  If I run the code as it
is below, then the plots just rapidly run through.  I tried adding a
new device, but I reached the device number limit.  I have gone through
the online manuals, done google searches  and the R Site help pages and
haven't found anything to help me. any thoughts or just pointing me to
the right place would be great!  I feel like this should be simple!

invisible(lapply(split(agg$mph, breaks), function(.values){
     #x11()
     #par(mfrow=c(4, 4))
     plot(.values)
} ))