[R] Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata...

Allan Engelhardt allane at cybaea.com
Mon Jun 21 09:18:37 CEST 2010

Nice work.  I'm interested in trends more than absolutes.  Is there any
way you could track the number of citations to the R package?  E.g.

http://scholar.google.co.uk/scholar?as_q=&as_epq=R%3A+A+Language+and+Environment+for+Statistical+Computing

except I think there are better citation indexes available (it has been
too long since I worked in academia but someone here will know what they
are).

I guess you won't get quite the same for the commercial tools, though
"SAS Institute" and similar searches will give some results.

Double points if your citation database has a classification of the
papers so we could see R usage trends in physics, biology, social
sciences, .... :-)

Allan