[R] Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata...

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Wed Jun 23 01:48:40 CEST 2010

On 06/20/10 02:31 PM, Muenchen, Robert A (Bob) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been fiddling around with various ways to estimate the popularity
> of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata, JMP, Minitab, Statistica, Systat, BMDP, S-PLUS,
> R-PLUS and Revolution R. It's not an easy task. You can see what I've
> come up with so far at http://r4stats.com/popularity . I'm sure people
> will have plenty of ideas on how to improve this, so please let me know
> what you think.
>
> Cheers,
> Bob

I don't know how practical it is with R, but with Mathematica, MATLAB etc, job
adverts is a good bet if you care about outside academia.

I found very few job ads wanting Mathematica skills, but lots wanting MATLAB. I
doubt it is practical to search on the letter R though.

jobsite.com, monstir.com etc

Dave