[R] X11 on Mac OS X 10.6 Version of R64

John Ramey johnramey at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 18:55:59 CEST 2010

Hello, everyone.

Recently, I started using the 64-bit version of R from the command
line in Mac OS X 10.6.4. Usually, I launch R with the command "R64
--save."  I am using R version 2.11.0.

When I install a new package, an X11 window loads, but it takes a
short while to do this. However, the X11 window is blank and seems to
serve no purpose. This happens each time that I install a new package.
 Is there a way to prevent this from happening or maybe a short
explanation about what's happening? My guess is that R is trying to
open a GUI interface so that I can select a server from which to
download.

I have posted the output to the command-line window at the following
link: http://gist.github.com/448714
In the link, the X11 window loads about the time when "Loading Tcl/Tk
interface ... done" appears.

I have included a screencast so that you are able to see what I see:
http://screencast.com/t/MjI4NDE2M

Thanks in advance.

--
John A. Ramey, M.S.