[R] Help installing R commander in Fedora 13...

Carlo Tambuatco oraclmaster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 23:14:52 CEST 2010

Yes.

I've got the R-core, and R-devel packages both installed and updated.
Also have tcl and tcl-devel installed and updated and also
fontconfig-devel.

For some reason, though the reason that Rcmdr fails to compile and be
stored in the library is because its dependencies fail to compile and
be loaded:

1: In doTryCatch(return(expr), name, parentenv, handler) :
 unable to load shared library '/usr/lib/R/modules//R_X11.so':
 /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol: FT_Select_Size
2: In install.packages("Rcmdr", dependencies = TRUE) :
 installation of package 'aplpack' had non-zero exit status
3: In install.packages("Rcmdr", dependencies = TRUE) :
 installation of package 'relimp' had non-zero exit status
4: In install.packages("Rcmdr", dependencies = TRUE) :
 installation of package 'rgl' had non-zero exit status
5: In install.packages("Rcmdr", dependencies = TRUE) :
 installation of package 'RODBC' had non-zero exit status
6: In install.packages("Rcmdr", dependencies = TRUE) :
 installation of package 'Rcmdr' had non-zero exit status

The packages aplpack, relimp, rgl, RODBC, are all dependencies that
somehow are not compiling and being stored in the library directory.

Also, references to /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1, : undefined symbol:
FT_Select_Size. No idea what this is or how to fix it. But it is the
reason that R_X11.so is not being loaded. There's obviously something
missing that I need to compile and install Rcmdr.