[R] Three most useful R package

Ivan Calandra ivan.calandra at uni-hamburg.de
Thu Mar 4 16:57:01 CET 2010

Hi Matthew,

Sorry that I've read your email a bit too late and answered to the
thread before.

You're right about Crantastic, it's a really good thing, and I actually
voted for the packages I really use (even though a little). It was
suggested to me by a r-helper some time ago.
I was also surprised to see that there are some 19 users (and it
increased recently, didn't it?) of "plyr" (which is from the replies
obviously one of the most used packages). Looks like few people vote on
Crantastic and I find it sad.
When I'm now looking for a package I go directly there and can find all
the basic information on all packages, though sometimes the general aim
of the package is not clearly stated.
Of course, the real potential would be revealed only if all users vote
for, comment on and write reviews on packages.

Crantastic rules! Thanks for pointing it out!

Ivan

PS: I'm gonna write some comments on a package or 2!