[R] Monetary support to the R-project (Was: Re: Executable for Production Use)

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 8 22:07:17 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Barry Rowlingson
<b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Ma Ismail - NewYork-MEAG-NY
> <ima at meag-ny.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A few of the developers on our Quant team are using R for data calculation and to generate a

[snip]

>  I've noticed a lot of financial corporates getting into R and getting
> free help from R-help. From now on, I'm charging $50 per email to
> answer questions from anyone advertising as a 'quant'. Who do I
> invoice?

For companies and others wondering how to "give something back", it is
possible to support R and the R Foundation either through a donation:

http://www.r-project.org/ -> Foundation -> Donations
[http://www.r-project.org/foundation/donations.html]

or via a membership:

http://www.r-project.org/ -> Foundation -> Membership