[R] using sprintf to pass a variable to a RMySQL query

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 16:26:53 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 7:10 AM, alison waller <alison.waller at embl.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for help with the paste and sprintf syntax.
>
> So I've decided to use paste and or sprintf.  'gsubfn' looks like a
> great package but unfortunately I've had problems installing it, as I
> don't think it likes the version of tcltk that is installed.  I'm
> working on a few unix clusters with many computers and there seems to be
> problems with different versions of R and different versions of the
> packages on different computers.

The fn$ functionality that I mentioned does not use the tcltk package
so the version of tcltk should not matter.

The only part of the package that uses tcltk is strapply, which is not
used here, and even in that case there is R code to it as well if you
use strapply(..., engine = "R") or use ostrapply.

Also the older 0.3-9 version of the gsubfn package did not use tcltk at all.