[R] using sprintf to pass a variable to a RMySQL query

alison waller alison.waller at embl.de
Wed Mar 10 12:45:31 CET 2010

Thanks Gabor,

As I said I would like to use gsubfn, but I am having problems
installing it, which I assume are due to some conflict with the current
tcltk package

Below is the error I got after issuing install.packages("gsubfn")

Any advice?

###################
* Installing *source* package 'gsubfn' ...
** R
** demo
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
Warning: S3 methods '$.tclvar', '$<-.tclvar', 'as.character.tclObj',
'as.character.tclVar', 'as.double.tclObj', 'as.integer.tclObj',
'as.logical.tclObj', 'print.tclObj', '[[.tclArray', '[[<-.tclArray',
'$.tclArray', '$<-.tclArray', 'names.tclArray', 'names<-.tclArray',
'length.tclArray', 'length<-.tclArray', 'tclObj.tclVar',
'tclObj<-.tclVar', 'tclvalue.default', 'tclvalue.tclObj',
'tclvalue.tclVar', 'tclvalue<-.default', 'tclvalue<-.tclVar' were
declared in NAMESPACE but not found
Error in namespaceExport(ns, exports) :
  undefined exports: addTclPath, as.tclObj, is.tclObj, is.tkwin
Error : package 'tcltk' could not be loaded
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'gsubfn'
* Removing '/g/bork3/x86_64/lib64/R/library/gsubfn'

The downloaded packages are in
        '/tmp/RtmpkfvT5f/downloaded_packages'
Updating HTML index of packages in '.Library'
Warning message:
In install.packages("gsubfn", lib = "/g/bork3/x86_64/lib64/R/library") :
  installation of package 'gsubfn' had non-zero exit status

########## this is the error when I tried to install tcltk#
install.packages("tcltk")
Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
  package 'tcltk' is not available