[R] How To Display Current/Next Line Using browser()

xallanmillerx allan.m.miller at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 19:45:42 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm running R 2.10 on a Linux console, inserted a call to browser() in an R
script that I source() form the R command line.  Two quick questions:

(1) Once you are in the "browser prompt," is there any way to display the
current/next line to be executed without executing it?  I can issue an "n"
command to view the line, but was wondering if there's a simple "display
current line" command to view the source code before I execute it.

(2) Is there any way to exit the browser() prompt to go back to the R prompt
without typing "c" to continue execution?  I tried using Ctl-C, but this
stays within the browser.

I searched for other posts on these but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!