[R] Statet on Eclipse: ${project_path} is empty

Tobias Verbeke tobias.verbeke at openanalytics.eu
Fri Mar 12 08:12:59 CET 2010

Hi Paul,

Paul wrote:

> I'm tryign to use Statet on Eclipse on my Kubuntu Karmic PC.  I've set
> everything up and I can start the R configuration, but the working
> directory is set to my home directory.  If I set the start in directory
> to ${worspace_loc}/${project_path} I can't start the console, with an
> error that project_path is empty.

Personally I always use (nothing more than) ${resource_loc} to set
the R working directory. Before launching R, you select a *directory*
in the Project Explorer, then launch the R Console Run Configuration
and that particular directory will be used as the working directory.

An alternative (some people prefer) is to use ${resource_container}.
In that case you select the R script you want to work with, then launch
the R Console Run Configuration of your choice and it will have the
directory (containing the file you selected) as the working directory.

As mentioned, for me selecting a directory to become the working
directory is more natural, but this is merely a matter of taste and
habit.

HTH,
Tobias