[R] Error loading R Commander with version 2.10.1 on MacOS 10.5 or 10.6

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon Mar 15 16:28:46 CET 2010

Dear Dwight,

The tcltk package *is* part of the standard R distribution. It is Tcl/Tk
itself for X11 that you needed to install. I think that it too is part of
the standard R distribution and am not sure why wasn't on your system. I'm
copying this reply to Rob Goedman, who is much more knowledgeable than I
about R on Mac OS X.

Regards,
 John

On
> Behalf Of Krehbiel, Dwight
> Sent: March-15-10 10:32 AM
> To: 'John Fox'; 'r-help at r-project.org'
> Subject: Re: [R] Error loading R Commander with version 2.10.1 on MacOS
10.5
> or 10.6
>
> Thanks very much, John. Installing that tcltk package is all that is
> required. It would be nice to make this a part of the download of 2.10.1
as
> it is wasting a significant amount of time for R Commander users on the
Mac.