[R] Writing own simulation function in C

Sharpie chuck at sharpsteen.net
Wed Mar 17 21:12:23 CET 2010

TheSavageSam wrote:

> Thanks for the huge help. I have learned a lot and been able to start
> writing my own code.
>
> If you could give me a reference(a link, name of a book, etc.) to a good
> manual of how to use and manipulate and use SEXP variables in C
> (considering creating R libraries) it would be great help to me.

Unfortunately, I can't really recommend anything beyond what has already
been mentioned in this thread- I learned most of what I know about
interacting with R at the C level from "Writing R Extensions" and by
browsing the comments in the R source.

If anyone else knows of good books/articles/blog posts that discuss hacking
around with R at the C level, I would be interested to see them as well.

-Charlie

-----
Charlie Sharpsteen
Undergraduate-- Environmental Resources Engineering
Humboldt State University