[R] EM algorithm in R

Sharpie chuck at sharpsteen.net
Sat Mar 20 18:15:47 CET 2010

tj wrote:

> Thanks David. I already tried two different programs for this. The first
> one has errors.
> I'm working right now on my alternative program ( i hope it will work),
> BUT I still prefer to use the first program I made because it is more
> detailed. So, I'm trying how to correct the errors in the first R program.
>
> After doing two different programs, I just felt frustrated of getting
> errors all the time that's why I asked someone's help.
>
> Thank you.
>
> ~tj

I think what David meant is that if you want help with working out errors in
a homework problem, then you need to post the work you have done so far.

You won't get good answers from "My problem is to calculate x from y by
using steps one two and three-- please show me how" but you may get answers
from "I am trying to calculate x from y using Fisher's Test for Funkiness
but I'm stuck when I try to calculate the coefficient of crumple.  My code
below attempts to calculate crumple by integrating the doohicky distribution
over the range -1 to 1 but R is throwing a wobbly when I use integrate().
Is there something I am doing wrong?"

In other words, if you are getting frustrated by errors then you need to
show us what you are doing and what kind of errors you are getting.

-Charlie

-----
Charlie Sharpsteen
Undergraduate-- Environmental Resources Engineering
Humboldt State University