[R] Embed R code in C++

Sharpie chuck at sharpsteen.net
Mon Mar 22 19:10:51 CET 2010

mans wrote:

> Hi,
> Can anyone  tell me how to embed R code in a C++ file.
>
> I am actually using a mac running on the OSX 10.6.2 and the IDE Xcode
> Version 3.2 and I would like to embed the basic function like geometric,
> binomial, normal and hyper geometric distributions in a sample cpp file.
>
> I heard about the library RInside and i have downloaded the source code
> for mac but i do not know how to build it in order to use it with my IDE
> XCode.
>
> Could anyone help me step by step because I am new in programming to show
> me how to get this done?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Mans.

I use R on OS X, but haven't used Xcode that much- so I can't really offer
any advice.  However, you may try posting this question on the Mac-specific
mailing list:

Your question will probably get better answers there.

Good luck!

-Charlie

-----
Charlie Sharpsteen
Undergraduate-- Environmental Resources Engineering
Humboldt State University