[R] rpad ?

Tom Short tshort.rlists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 02:20:04 CET 2010

As the author of Rpad, I'll say that it is officially abandoned. I
just don't have the time or the need for my job. If someone is
interested in maintaining it, I'll try to answer questions (the email
address listed on the package hasn't worked for a while, and the
mailing list got overwhelmed with spam).

Of the other R web interfaces I've played with or looked at, RApache
is the most promising. It offers more performance and security than
the Rpad approach. You can also make some pretty interactive pages.
The trade-off is that it's harder to build applications (the last time
I looked anyway). To get interactivity, the RApache approach requires
a fair amount of javascript programming. Rpad gives you interactivity
fairly automatically as a webpage with embedded R code.

- Tom

Tom Short